[lbo-talk] Lolita [was light of my life...]

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 17 23:12:28 PDT 2004

Agreed, seeing the name now associated with a form of porn and not a great work of literature makes me sad the same way when I hear my kids say that Led Zeppelin is the music for flogging Cadillacs and The Who wrote the theme for CSI.

PC

>I don't like Nabokov much, but I thought Lolita was a
>sad/lovely/interesting book. IHe not only did a great/honest/insightful
>job with the oedipal/child molestation plot, buthe was also able to use
>that plot to represent/examine the relationship between old/Europe and
>young/U.S. Masterful really.
>
>Joanna

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo