[lbo-talk] going long on kerry

J. Bill Chilton nobidicus at chilton.com
Sat Sep 18 06:10:01 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> ira glazer wrote:
>
>> Btw, is Kerry listed on the NYSE or the NASDAQ ? What's his ticker
>> symbol ?
>

> He's listed on the Iowa Electronic Market:
> <http://www.biz.uiowa.edu/iem/markets/>.

And also on the market (or, if you prefer, gambling parlor) at www.tradesports.com.

They also list derivative financial instruments for (or, if you prefer, take bets on) the state-by-state contests for electoral votes.

(I find it amusing that they literally offer two views of the same market, one with prices, for people who want to think of themselves as traders, the other with odds, for those who considers themselves gamblers.)

/jwc