[lbo-talk] Re: Irony of the Anybody But Nader Campaign

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 18 12:37:21 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

> We
> need to find people who *do* get press coverage. The days of lefties
> off in a corner talking to themselves should be long gone.

You mean that we should remain silent and passive in the corner by ourselves until a savior drops from the sky with a tongue of honey?

And do you really fantasize that the media will give any publicity to _any_ left spokesperson?

We have to _create_ the audience before the audience will listen to us. Until we create that audience it doesn't make much difference how well or badly we speak, because even if we achieve perfection in our message and style we will still be speaking in an empty auditorium, no one knowing how well we speak or write.

Carrol