[lbo-talk] Re: Irony of the Anybody But Nader Campaign

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Sep 18 11:17:49 PDT 2004

On Sep 18, 2004, at 10:35 AM, Joe Smith wrote:

> The trouble is he doesn't get
> press coverage on off-years so we don't hear about it.

Yes, but on the on-years, what press coverage does he get? Not about the issues he's pushing.

Fact is, he's just not a very effective progressive spokesperson. He has a cult following, but very little impact on the general public. We need to find people who *do* get press coverage. The days of lefties off in a corner talking to themselves should be long gone.

On Sep 18, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Michael Pugliese wrote:

> I saw Nader speak in a full to the gills/rafters auditorium in
> Right-leaning (asshole Contra supporter Cong. Robert Lagomarsino was
> the Congressman for yrs. in the districy representing most of Ventura
> and Santa Barbara counties for at leat 8 terms) Ventura back in '78.
> Don't tell me he is only a draw every 4 yrs.

Yes, he was hotter in '78, but we're talking '04 here.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt