[lbo-talk] fuck you health care

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Sep 19 07:09:17 PDT 2004

On Sep 19, 2004, at 3:41 AM, joanna bujes wrote:

> What they are asserting is that if medicine were socialized, some
> mornings, I would opt for the triple bypass.
>
> Oh,....my, that does feel good.

What would you do if you were in the position of Clinton? -Without the bypass, you would likely soon have a fatal heart attack. Would you opt for the operation or an early death? Personally, I would opt for the former -- if it were available to me.

Of course, you can argue that Clinton got himself into his own fix by gorging on fast food, presumably because he was brainwashed by the capitalist food industry. But it is just as likely that his family genetic history of heart disease was the cause, or at least gave him a body that was especially vulnerable to Big Macs. All of the gee-whiz, very expensive therapies becoming available, and which in fact do keep people from dying early deaths or leading needlesslly incapacitated lives, do indeed need to be rationed somehow, but they should be rationed in such a way that gives any person, even the poorest, as much of a chance at them as an ex-President.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)