[lbo-talk] Commodity Fetishism (was Re: light of my life, maybe not the fire of my loins)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 19 10:42:02 PDT 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu, Sun Sep 19 09:22:03 PDT 2004:
>
> >Why is the properly-used concept difficult?

That is an empirical observation. Thousands of bright men and women have read Marx and have come up with conflicting understandings of the nature and ramifications of commodity fetishism. One has either to accept that it is difficult to grasp or one has to accuse obviously bright, well-intentioned, and careful thinkers of being stupid.

Carrol