[lbo-talk] lbo-talk] Re: light of my life, maybe not the fire of my loins

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 16:24:50 PDT 2004

N P Childs wrote:

My point was that I thought there were underlying, longer term aspects of Japanese society, especially its inherent sexism, that provide a more succinct explanation than the one posited.

[...]

Somehow this turned into me being an oppressive, homophobic member of the Christian right.

=================

I used to say, a wee bit of time ago, that you haven't lived till you've dated a truly hot stripper. The ride nearly always ends in a fiery wreck but goddamn is it worth it!

But now, in my premature dotage, I feel the need to modify this for present circumstances and say you haven't lived till you've been accused by a list member of being a general of the army of darkness.

I think that, during my first year in virtual residence here, I was charged with being:

* an FBI agent

* an anti feminist

* an advocate of inciting people to senseless, 1960's "liberation army" style violence

* a techno ostrich who can't face the inevitability of the boldly coming age of artificial intelligence

* a pampered dandy

* an incoherent babbler of incoherent babblings (was that coherent?)

* a hater of Michael Moore because of my delicate, working class phobic sensibilities

and so on...

From time to time, I like to imagine the alternate universe Dwayne we can assemble from these so very off-target critiques. I imagine him wearing an all-black leather outfit, complete with gloves and a high button collar. For some reason, a Tesla coil is always nearby giving off a glorious display. He laughs - a lot and maniacally.

He's an evil, evil dude, that Alterna-Dwayne.

.d.