[lbo-talk] Re:Re: Help Build the Million Worker March - Oct 17

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 20 09:29:52 PDT 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Still, how we ever gonna make the revo or at least social democracy
>when the Left here is so full of folks who are disorganized or loony
>cranks?

I can tell you that as a lifetime member of Yale's Party of the Right, the right is full of loony cranks too. They just have better funding and organization. I wonder what the effect of televising the POR's 50th anniversary banquet - complete with toasts to the British empire and its American successor, Nazi jokes, and a recitation of Charles I execution speech ("a subject and a sovereign are clean different things") - would have been.

Doug