[lbo-talk] Who has the cojones? (was: Learn Why We Need a Million Worker March)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Sep 20 09:49:19 PDT 2004

On Sep 20, 2004, at 11:08 AM, Joe Smith wrote:

> To make matters worse this is supposed to be cojones week for the
> Democratic
> ticket as Kerry & Edwards talk tough on Iraq and al-Qaeda. Not
> exactly a
> promising sign that Kerry will be able to stop the rot.

Well, for the Kerry/Edwards strategists, it is supposed to make matters *better,* because (the conventional wisdom says) the women are defecting to Bush because they want a president with "cojones" who will protect them and their kids from the big, bad terrorists. Goes right along with my view that Bush's High Noon image (protecting the Quaker lady even if she dislikes violence) is working like a charm.

I don't know if that conventional wisdom is correct, but it's the only explanation I can think of for the female slide to Bush (assuming of course that *that* is correct, given the weird behavior the polling business is displaying these days).

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile