[lbo-talk] dysthymic?

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Sep 20 14:22:33 PDT 2004

Here's one definition:

Dysthymic Disorder is characterized by chronic depression, but with less severity than a major depression. The essential symptom for dysthymic disorder is an almost daily depressed mood for at least two years, but without the necessary criteria for a major depression. Low energy, sleep or appetite disturbances and low self-esteem are usually part of the clinical picture as well.

But what does it mean if you feel this way (depressed/anxious) every day until 4 p.m.? After 4, I definitely feel human/optimistic/etc.

I'm not kidding and it's not just that I work till 4/5/6. Even on the days when I don't work, this happens.

Joanna