[lbo-talk] today, we can all sleep more soundly

Jim Westrich westrich at nodimension.com
Wed Sep 22 08:24:12 PDT 2004

Repeating misinformed prejudice against people (even Yusuf Islam) does NOT make it true. No matter how many times you get the details wrong.

Thankfully, someone like Rushdie sees ignorance and intolerance as the real enemy.

http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0307/0496.html

Jim

Quoting Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net>:

> > WASHINGTON - A plane bound for Washington from London was diverted to
> > Maine on Tuesday after passenger Yusuf Islam — formerly known as pop
> > singer Cat Stevens — showed up on a U.S. watch list, federal officials
> said.
> >
> > "He was interviewed and denied admission to the United States on
> > national security grounds," said Homeland Security spokesman Dennis
> > Murphy. He said the man would be put on the first available flight out
> > of the country Wednesday.
>
> Well, I know of one Brit scribe who's clicking his heels today . . .

"The truth is I never once supported the "Fatwa" (against Salman Rushdie)."

--Yusuf Islam