[lbo-talk] lbo-talk] Re: light of my life, maybe not the fire of my loins

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 22 14:30:10 PDT 2004

For the record, I'm not interested in throwing people into jail because they choose to practice pretend sadism and masochism. I do think that there is a social psychological connection between class dominated society and the various practices (both hard and soft) of sado-masochism. Certain people get off on torture, both real and imagined. I'm for stopping real torture, real harm to other human beings. We should be beyond that by now, just as we should have abolished wage-slavery by now. I think that one of the reasons that we're still living in a class society is the way we are socialized to accept dominance and submission rituals.

So, it's ok with me, if you want to go back to work now Justin. I realize that you have freely made your contracts with your employers. I don't want to put you in jail for having to be a bondsman, a wage-slave.

I just want to destroy your lords' and masters' jail.

Best, Mike B)

===== "Philosophy, which once seemed obsolete, lives on because the moment to realize it was missed."

Theodor Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal