[lbo-talk] Petro-thusiasts in China

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 17:22:03 PDT 2004

Do we detect a note of sarcasm in John Thornton's comment

'better get cracking on installing A/C units and PC's in more homes in China. We can call it the "Leave No PC Behind" campaign.'?

Well, so be it.

After all, China is a way off 100% home computerisation yet.

But isn't it odd that we are talking about the barriers to growth in China, when for the last twenty years its growth has been the most dynamic in the world?

Maybe all of this certainty that China cannot match America's standard of living is a bit premature.