[lbo-talk] the petro-thusians/Schools

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Sep 23 14:27:14 PDT 2004

> The ethnic composition of BCC resembled that of
> Baltimore (65% Black) but academic standards were much
> better than most schools I know, including a
> suburban HS in PA my wife's kids attend.

I think that most cities now have a school or two that are designed to give urabanites an alternative to suburban private schools, but the average experience in the average city is really pretty pathetic. So just because a small number of people can get their presumably far-above-average kids into a special school doesn't really negate the point: city school systems are dead and Urban Flight both caused it and undermined any kind of possibility to fix it.

/jordan