[lbo-talk] Tajikistan, Bactria, Zoraster (was Wahabbi, was Beslan)

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Sat Sep 25 01:28:55 PDT 2004

This is so utterly fascinating (at least for Chris Doss). Emomali Rahmonov, President of Tajikistan, goes on the hajj and comes back convinced that Zarathustra is the religious basis of Tajik nationhood. Friedrich Nietzsche used Zarathustra to declare God dead. But could this be used to support my 'western nationalism evil meme' thesis over the 'wahibbism evil meme' thesis. Also, the guy reads like the back-to-nature Chechens ought to be talking to him.

http://www.ahura.homestead.com/files/IranZaminEight/Emomali_Rahmonov2.htm

excerpt:

http://www.internews.ru/ASIA-PLUS/bulletin_61/10.html

-- _______________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10