[lbo-talk] anti-Suburban snobs, was petro-thusians

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 10:48:06 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leigh Meyers" <leighcmeyers at yahoo.com>

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday: Our Technology Is Outstripping Our Technology ------------------------------- Scarcity *will* be the problem.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com

==================

Simply writing that scarcity will be the problem doesn't address how scarcity is created and distributed under actually existing capitalism. Scarcity is not a ubiquitous feature of evolution, fecundity and change are. As I wrote earlier, the scarcity of knowledge is a far graver problem than scarcity of energy. Last time I checked, the planet and the cosmos was/is pretty damned big and loaded w/energy.

Ian