[lbo-talk] Re: Kink, Ick & the Left /sexual self-expression

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 25 09:04:52 PDT 2004

snit snat wrote:

>I actually have a hoot of a story about a recent trip to an erotica
>shop with current partner. The cashier and I got into a great
>conversation about contemporary academic theories of porn and
>whether dykes with huge dildo collections really want to be men.
>Sometimes, people who are queer are just so fucking heterosexist it
>slays me.

At the Rivington St Toys in Babeland <http://www.babeland.com>, I once eavesdropped on a sales clerk advising a lesbian couple on the purchase of their first strap-on. Weighing the merits of the various dildos, the touted the penis part of one model - adding helpfully that "if the balls get in the way, you can just cut them off."

Doug