[lbo-talk] The Outing; David Dreier and his straight hypocrisy

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Sep 25 20:45:33 PDT 2004

snit snat wrote:

> Dog gammit! WHAT is it with people these days. This title needs a
> COLON. NOT a semi-colon!
>
> Los Angeles Weekly

Well, yeah. And no one can distinguish effect/affect, and just forget about lie/lay, and will/shall died a long, long time ago.

While part of me likes the hoisted-on-his-own-petard plot of gay republicans being outed, I can't help but feel a little queasy at the fact that their "crime" is homosexuality. I know, you'll say that their crime is hypocrisy -- but still, I submit it makes a difference what you're being hypocritical about. I mean if this were a free marketeer who was secretly donating money to charities, I don't think it would destroy his career.

So, it's a little weird for me.

Joanna