[lbo-talk] The Million Worker March toward a Labor Movement

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sun Sep 26 12:14:32 PDT 2004

Yoshie: "It is impossible to put one million workers in the street advancing

the Million Worker March's demands at this point in history."

Why? I know hundreds of people who would attend, if the thing were organized properly and was not a waste of time shouting at everybody and nobody about something vague. Demand labor law reform, a reversal of the widening rich-poor gap, expanding Social Security and uncapping FICA, and demand a backbone from AFL-CIO leaders, and target rank-and-file folks plus the general left. Promise not to march until 1 million will attend. Work our butts off to make it happen. Why is this impossible? And even if it is, why not try it? And why siphon away people's energy and stunt their hope and imagination by goofing around with a 20,000 Worker March that is a self-mockery?