[lbo-talk] Re: stupid americans?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 08:19:45 PDT 2004

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>You sure took your Walt Whitman pills this morning -- The People, ya gotta
>>love 'em! But my point is not that working-class USers in particular are
>>dolts; Americans of *all* classes float around in an amniotic sac of
>>complacency and ignorance. This is not new (see Dickens' _American
>>Notes_, e.g.), but it has gotten much, much, much worse during the reign
>>of Chimpanzee in Chief GWB.
>
>About 10 years ago, I sat in the WBAI studio with Bob Fitch as host Mimi
>Rosenberg went on about how awful white people are. When she was done, Bob
>asked her, "Mimi, if white people are so awful, how'd you turn out so
>good?" So Carl - if Americans are so dumb, how'd you turn out so smart?
>
>Doug

Ah, there's a question bearing as staggering a load as, when did you stop beating your wife?

But I will duly take your megalomania-bait and just say that I see my uncanny insight as God-given. And as is so like the prankish Almighty, what a Job-like affliction this piercing intellect has been -- reducing me to a socially marginal existence, whiling away the hours throwing cyber-spitballs on listserves ;-)

Carl