[lbo-talk] Maximise or satisfice? (was:stupid americans?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 13:27:22 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: Wojtek Sokolowski To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:47 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Maximise or satisfice? (was:stupid americans?

Wojtek Sokolowski exclaims: "As far as IQ tests are concerned - I am really surprised that anyone on this list even mentions them. They are a bunch of crap - not worth the paper they are printed on. The only thing they test is IQ testing ability, which correlates well with parental income and nothing else. IQ testing is a prime example of what sociologists call 'sentiments of rationality" - irrational behavior that takes appearance of rationality by going through rational-looking motions."

Recently, my Psych professor emphasized that IQ tests may show how well you will do in school, but that's about it! By extension, this relates to parenting (not parentage), social position, and money.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com