[lbo-talk] new Marta piece & review of Liza's Wal-Mart book

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Apr 1 11:22:07 PST 2005

I'm pretty shocked at the unrestrained endorsement of Churchill in the editorial notes. Nowhere in "Some People Push Back" does Churchill restrict his "little Eichmanns" label to any subset of WTC workers. Churchill made up that lie after he got busted. It's flat-out not there. Yet the editorial says it is, while arguing against misreading Churchill! What IS there is also stuff like a section headed "Politics of a Perpetrator Population." The editorial dismisses such hateful (and rather peculiar, from a left perspective) stuff as mere "sound bites."