[lbo-talk] new Marta piece & review of Liza's Wal-Mart book

John Kozak j_k_ at xylema.org
Sat Apr 2 05:17:11 PST 2005

Michael Dawson writes:

> I'm pretty shocked at the unrestrained endorsement of Churchill in the

> editorial notes. Nowhere in "Some People Push Back" does Churchill restrict

> his "little Eichmanns" label to any subset of WTC workers. Churchill made

> up that lie after he got busted. It's flat-out not there. Yet the

> editorial says it is, while arguing against misreading Churchill!

The end of the paragraph in question:

"More likely, it was because they were too busy braying, incessantly

and self-importantly, into their cell phones, arranging power

lunches and stock transactions, each of which translated,

conveniently out of sight, mind and smelling distance, into the

starved and rotting flesh of infants. If there was a better, more

effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty

befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting

the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I'd really be interested

in hearing about it."

Seems pretty clear to me that he's not talking about the cleaning staff.

John