[lbo-talk] NRA: We need more guns in our schools

Etienne tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 3 11:18:34 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 14:02 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
> Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
> >Talk about a crackpot theory. You're saying that because 47 MILLION
> >USers don't have health care, fewer than the number of fingers you have
> >of them shoot up a school or a church now and again?
>
> I don't think Moore's point is that literal - the health ins sitch is
> shorthand for the greater level of competition, insecurity, and
> atomization in the U.S. than in Canada.

Also, and it's a while since I saw Bowling for Columbine, isn't he, by the time he gets round to comparing the US and Canada more interested in the generally higher level of gun crime in the US, rather than the specific event at Columbine?

--

"The bourgeois want art voluptuous and life

ascetic; the reverse would be better"

-- Adorno Tim http://huh.34sp.com/