[lbo-talk] For Carl R. & Wojtek

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 4 15:52:41 PDT 2005

> That said, I just don't encounter rude people -- not face-to-face at any
> rate. Is it the South?
>
> Heck, I can't even remember the last time someone tried to plow in front of
> me in a grocery line. And yell at a cashier? Pshaaaaw. In the south, you
> just say, "Why bless yo' heart...." :p

I hate going to part of FL because of the rude people. Almost half of the time I go to the grocery store there is a confrontation of some kind. I "visit" the west coast of the state near Gasparilla Island. I'm told that the proximity to "The Rotunda" is the reason for the rudeness and that it is not indicitive of the state. This is the only place in FL I shop for groceries, pay utilities, talk to neighbors and don't act like a tourist however so I can't say for certain that this is true or not. I like Key West and have always been treated well in the northern part of the state in places like Cedar Key or Port St. Joe. Sarasota and Charlotte counties are hell on earth though. What part of the state do you call home?

John Thornton