[lbo-talk] maxspeak redesign -- beta testing needed

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Apr 8 17:34:52 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> Very cool weinie wagger site! :)

Thank you!

> Was the Scopes trial in Kansas? I finally saw most of the flick about
> it, the one with Spencer Tracy. Did people really talk about lynching
> those guys, marching around the streets with signs and singing a
> lynching song to the tune of "John Brown's Body" (I think?)

Dunno if I've ever seen that film.

I'm getting antsy to organize something to counter the right wing in Kansas. The problem is that the leftists around here prefer to sit around on their hands instead of doing *anything*.

The latest news is that the local scientists are boycotting the state hearings on evolution.

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20050408152158253

I'm tickled that the guy leading the scientists, Harry McDonald, was my freshman year biology teacher in high school (circa 1979). I remember him as being kind of cool. We had debates in that class. My team argued that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe (a position I still hold).

> Did that preacher really grandstand like that in RL? How true to the
> story was the film? Rambling questions, I know, and I probably should
> google it. Alas, back to work for me.

RL?

Chuck