[lbo-talk] Wall Street downloads

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Apr 9 09:33:18 PDT 2005

Brad DeLong wrote:

>Meanwhile, I've been getting complaints that the kerning on the
>_Wall Street_ pdf is not up to snuff...

Hmm. It was produced by an old version of PageMaker (which was very cranky at times about turning it into a PDF). PageMaker's type control isn't as good as InDesign's. But the Acrobat looks to me like a very faithful replica of the book, so I'm curious to hear what the complaints are.

>And how's the paypal button? Any evidence that the horizons of
>bourgeois right have been crossed and that something new has been
>inscribed on our banners?

About 1% of the downloaders have contributed, in amounts ranging from $2 to $30. And the haul so far is equivalent to the royalties I would have earned on the sale of about 200 copies (vs 2100 downloads) - a purely notional amount, though, given Verso's royalty payment practices.

By the way, I got an email from someone who refused to use Paypal, because of some unspecified "policies." Any one else have any prob with Paypal? Seems to work pretty well, and with a small commission, to me.

Doug