[lbo-talk] Iraq to US: Get the FUCK out NOW!

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Sat Apr 9 21:37:43 PDT 2005

In the last 24 hours, the AP shiftingly reported that the Sunni were told not to participate in what was described as a Shia/al-Sadr rally. The AFP, however, reported that the Sunni were encouraged to participate by BOTH sides (the Sunni leaders and al-Sadr's Shia side). The AP reported in the last 24 hours that the Sunni told their people not to go to the Baghdad rally, then it reported it was al-Sadr's people who told the Sunni not to go. Such crude shifts in the lies make them all the more obvious.

Also, why no zoomed out aerial shots to let us see just how filled up the square was with anti-US/anti-occupation protesters. The wire services have also reported that the numbers turned out were far less than the 1 million called for by al-Sadr. But was al-Sadr calling for 1 million in Baghdad or 1 million nationwide? From this crappy news coverage (echoed at the captive arab media) we really don't know how many turned out for the Baghdad protests or all the other protests nationwide. To be sure, al-Sadr is back in a big way; and, in terms of insurgency, the Sunni-al-Sard Shia alliance holds.

Here is the latest at yahoonews (AFP article better than AP):

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050409/wl_mideast_afp/iraq_050409190711

Note that in complete contradiction of earlier AP articles, the AFP ones says:

>>Sunni clerics from the Committee of Muslim Scholars, which organized a boycott of historic January elections, also urged followers to join the protest.>>

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=1&u=/ap/20050410/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&sid=84439559

Al-Sadr is back; the Iraqis look upon their country in ruins, and a Kurd who wants to break up Iraq is president.

F -- _______________________________________________ NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites at once. http://datingsearch.lycos.com