[lbo-talk] Feedback

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 03:09:32 PDT 2005

--- jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> While I appreciate the information it is usually
> totally new for me so I have no other information
> against which to weigh it and make comments. It
> neither refutes nor supports other information
> or ideas I may have on the situation. If you ceased
> sending anything on Chechnya I would lose
> the only source I have for information on that
> region at the moment.
> Keep it coming as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks. My experience is that the foreign (read: European or American) press tends to subsume Ch. into the "evil Russian imperialism" or "war on terrorism" paradigms, while knowing almost nothing about it. E. European press invariably says that evil Russia is doing its evil thing; Indian press usually says that wonderful Russia is killing jihadis like those in Kashmir. Interesting to see how geography determines worldview. :)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!