[lbo-talk]Peak oil and Why can't you guys learn to quote and attribute properly?

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:18:31 PDT 2005

> > Bingo. A lot of peak oil partisans are oil industry types, looking
> > for tax breaks and a rollback of environmental regs - and to justify
> > high prices. Funny to see leftists so quick to sign up with the
> > program. Well not so funny, given apocalyptic temperaments.
> >
> > Doug

Google's Gmail autokeywordlinkarama 'sez>...RICHARD HEINBERG, THE PARTY'S OVER: OIL, WAR, AND THE FATE OF ...
>From the Wilderness - 2 hours ago
[The math is not complicated here....

Last yr, at a S.F. conference of the 9-11 conspiranoids where Mike Ruppert of FTW spoke and Heinberg of the New School in S.F., accts. I read by critics of Ruppert in the "9-11 Truth, " community, resented the Peak Oil prognostications as a diversion...from speculation on Maqrvin Bush' security firm placing explosives in the WTC a few days before 9-11.

Like alot of other issues, my impression is that "activists" who pick up the Heinberg and recent Ruppert works, from their lecture/conference circuit appearances, and start spouting off on Oil Economics, have never even, and never intend to, do some research in the trade journals or books, read by execs at The Seven Sisters (the title of one of the only two books I've read on Oil, an old classic by the late Anthony Sampson. The other was Monthly Review Press title from the mid- 70's, "Middle East Oil and the Energy Crisis, " by Joe Stork.) that debate Peak Oil. An annoying as the old hippie Red Diaper sons and daughters of Old Left cadre I know that harangue me with Ehrlich's Population Bomb from the 70's...forget trying to introduce sources like these below to folks that read only ONE source... http://www.colorado.edu/Sociology/gimenez/courses/5085syl.html Karen L. Michaelson, And The Poor Get Children. Radical Perspectives on Population Dynamics. Monthly Review Press, 1981. Ronald L. Meek, ed., Marx and Engels on the Population Bomb. The Ramparts Press, 1971.

-- Michael Pugliese