[lbo-talk] socially irresponsible investment

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Apr 14 11:48:45 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Since there is no organized boycott of Walmart, I would consider this
>question improper, and if it were asked of me I would refuse to answer
>it.

Whatever. My cryptic point was that the attitude that "all investment is equally complicitous" is somewhat glib. We would all hesitate or refuse to make certain kinds of investments. I asked about WalMart just to underline the fact that whatever the general principle of investment is, I would guess that both Doug and Liza would gag at that one.

The position I am describing may not be theoretically consistent, but would be completely understandable.

Joanna