[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 25 10:04:49 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Lots of X are Y.
>
>Gee whiz.
>
>That also means that lots of X are NOT Y.
>
>This thread represents a new low in deliberate banality on this list.

How right you are. How people present themselves to others is meaningless and uninteresting. And since we're all individuals, generalizations are a form of epistemic violence. What we really should be discussing is things like the 5000 Worker March, that help us enumerate our strengths, and how to work for that revolution that's gonna come someday, but which we really can't work for, since history is just what happens, so I guess we really have nothing to discuess. Except maybe books we dimly remember from a reading 35 years ago.

Doug