[lbo-talk] The Suicide of New Left Review

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 11:52:10 PDT 2005

Nothing agaist Kag personally.

Novaya Gazeta is far from a mainstream newspaper. It is ultra-liberal (in the Russian sense of the word). Mainstream is like Izvestiya. NG is a tabloid with big words. My favorite NG fiasco was the recent plucking of a forged document off the Internet -- without factchecking it -- and going ahead and printing it! Hey, if it's anti-Putin, it must be correct, right? They make Counterpunch look well-sourced. If I see another Felgenhauer piece where he cites "my unnamed high-placed sources in the Kremlin," I am going to scream. Roy Medvedev spends some time in his Putin book slagging it, which is pretty unusual for him as he's usually so mellow.

Dwayne Monroe, have you that Felgenhauer Iran piece I sent you? If so, please post it. It must be read to be believed. I couldn't make up the stuff these people write.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!