[lbo-talk] The Suicide of New Left Review

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 25 12:22:41 PDT 2005

I let my sub to NLR lapse shortly after Perry Anderson took it over. (Robin Blackburn refused to do a sub trade with LBO, unlike Jim Grant of Grant's Interest Rate Observer; maybe he thought it was too ugly. In any case, I had a paid sub for over 20 years.) I didn't like his political line, and thought the first few issues under his editorship were disappointing - and I thought under Blackburn's editorship it was pretty excellent most of the time. So I don't know what's become of it in recent years. What do other people think?

Doug