[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:27:06 PDT 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: Liza Featherstone To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 12:30 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

>> From: joanna <123hop at comcast.net>
>> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:48:10 -0700
>> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] dregs and drugs
>>

>> snitsnat wrote:
>>
>>> And no one here said dressing as you describe is a virtue. If they
>>> have, you need to name them. Otherwise, I'd call it a straw
>>> argument. Is there some tract that uphold dressing like shit as
>>> revolutionary or something?
>
> joanna wrote:
>> Well, I basically agree that taking some thought in how one dresses,
>> that is, "dressing for others" and caring about beauty has virtue. Is
>> dressing like shit "revolutionary"? -- lots of middle class kids
>> think
>> so -- it's partly a counter-cultural thing and partly anti-mommy
>> thing -- so it plays out in Europe in the same way.
. . . .

> joanna:
>> Nothing wrong with baseball caps on boys or even teenagers. On grown
>> men...well it's just more of a sign that the guy still identifies
>> with being a boy rather than being a man. That's very common in U.S.
>> culture though where the ideal is basically to stay an adolescent
>> your entire life.
>
> I totally agree with this. Grown men in baseball caps do not look like
> grown-ups.

I'm sorry... what with the increased temperature and more intense sun due to "alleged" global warming, I feel the need to protect the bald spot on my head which was incurred by listening to people critique my choice in blue jean brands, t-shirt logos, shoes, belts, headwear and lifestyle...

Leigh [overposted alreeeaady?] www.leighm.net