[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 26 06:45:45 PDT 2005

It's the ozone hole, don't you know. As a bald
>guy, I find myself frequently quaffed with a black Guinness baseball
>type cap (which was given to me free by my local bottle shop mates
when
>I drove in for my usual case of Coopers Sparkling Ale), with wisps of
>white sun screen across my nose and face...

Yes, but isn't it true Australians have pretty given up on their traditional national headgear, the wide-brimmed felt hats made by Akubra? A "black

Guinness baseball type cap" provides poor sun protection by comparison.

See <http://www.akubra.com.au/history.html>

I've got one of those too, Carl. I also have a lamb's wool beret for the colder, rainy days and nights of winter.

It's easier to drive a car and go running at the beach with a baseball hat on. BTW, I also have a light blue one and a white one for the warmest days. My wide-brimmed hat is for walks and backyard reading. It's light brown.

Regards, Mike B)

****************************************************************** Live in harmony with the Earth. Abolish the wages system. http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal