[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:57:27 PDT 2005

>From: Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au>
>
>Yes, but isn't it true Australians have pretty given up on their
>traditional
>national headgear, the wide-brimmed felt hats made by Akubra? A "black
>
>Guinness baseball type cap" provides poor sun protection by comparison.
>
>See <http://www.akubra.com.au/history.html>
>
>Carl
>
>I've got one of those too, Carl. I also have a lamb's wool beret for
>the colder, rainy days and nights of winter.

Am sorry to say I seem to have misplaced mine and have been beret-bereft for a couple of years. I plan to get a new one in the fall. Combined with the beard I now have, I figure a beret will give me a 1950s Sierra Maestra look that will induce people with yellow ribbons on their cars to stay the hell away :)

Carl