[lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:47:57 PDT 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: ravi To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:36 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] dregs and drugs

> On 25/04/2005 4:15 PM, martin wrote:
>> On Apr 25, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Leigh Meyers wrote:
>>
>>> It rates too high! I'm a 51 year old hippie with a laptop who's
>>> always a paycheck away from being on the street. The quiz suggests
>>> that I'm "High Prole" (it has the "high" part right) to Low Middle.
>>>

> what sort of laptop are we talking about here? if its any sort of
> apple, that puts you in the genX category that fussell provides as an
> "out" for the non-classifiably hip people. ;-)
>

>> I figured that mine must have been the hardwood floors. No motorcycle
>> there any more, but the oil stains go all the way through the oak
>> where it sat.
>

> must've been a harley then ;-).
>
> --ravi

I'm too old for Gen-X... try Gen-L(sd) 0-) .

Compaq Presario & XPsp2... First "Modern" computer I've owned. My last was a 386 with a 20mb drive and win98se.

Before that... Tandy Color Computer 3 running OS9(Microware).

I kept that machine around for years past it's time just to show people what a 4mhz computer could do if it wasn't running MS-DOS.

Unfortunately, the top speed it would ever run on the 'net was 9600Kbs. ... it took mighty determination, and not a module or kernel clock left unpatched to achieve it. But in my estimation, WinXP has fixed at least... 90% of the bugs I used to find.

IE could be slightly more stable, but it's called upon to handle so many different toys and toolbars(It leave openoffice or adobe reader running after I close the browser sometimes) that *some* quirks are to be expected and the security is *much better* than older IE browsers.

Leigh