[lbo-talk] My Last Contact With Red Squares

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 19 22:14:41 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 12:27 am, jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:
>I am too young to be really knowledgeable on this but I was under
> the impression that Robert Hall was like Sears used to be. Not
> cheap but middle of the road pricing that appealed to middle class
> consumers. Like Nordstroms or Dillards.

That's how I remember it as a kid. In the area of Maryland where I grew up, the Robert Hall building was usually next to a Kinney Shoes building. Both these stores were out of our family's price range and were almost as expensive as Woodword and Lothrup (Woodies), which was where only rich people shopped.

--tully