[lbo-talk] HRW calls for 9-11 style cover-up (?)

Andy F andyf274 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 05:48:28 PDT 2005

--- Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at dodo.com.au> wrote:
> At 9:39 AM -0400 26/4/05, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> >>downfall: the emphasis on whether Bush can
> pronounce a particular word
> >>totally misses the point that he's smarter than
> most of the people who
> >>elected him.
> >
> >Smart? In what sense?
>
> In the sense of cunning, I assume. Bush does have a
> certain degree of
> rat cunning. Not as intelligent as a rodent of
> course, or even as
> curious as a rodent, but more cunning than most of
> those who voted
> for him.
>
> Cunning is a particular form of intelligence that
> lower life forms
> can easily master.

I'm not going to get into a debate about testing, but the guy supposedly got 1200+ SATs (comfortably above average). That's inconsistent with being dumbfuck, though not with being a willfull ignoramous and a delusional shithead. And anything else you care to throw in the hopper.

Poppy couldn't string a complete sentence together either, and I don't recall anybody accusing him of being stupid.

Andy