[lbo-talk] pomo cultural lefties who valorize the poor

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 12:27:51 PDT 2005

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: As to gangsta rap and boom boxes or rather car radios, I hate them for several reasons. First, they are a prima facie case of the loud obnoxious American stereotype.

---

Last post. It's hardly simply American. The metro near my apartment is usually surrounded by young Russians flirting, drinking beer and listening to loud music emanating from the stereo of a parked car (the metro exits being the place young Russians hang out to drink beer), often American or Russian rap.

The graffiti on the wall about 20 meters from me reads "West Coast vs. East Coast. Tu-Pac Fuh-ever."

Nu, zayats, pogodi!