[lbo-talk] pomo cultural lefties who valorize the poor

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Apr 28 13:52:30 PDT 2005

Doug wrote:

> I don't have any answers. The questions are that - questions. Some
> days I feel as gloomy as Adorno; other days - even other hours within
> the same day - I feel as optimistic as a 22-year old.

Speaking of the devil... I'm working on a new translation of "Minima Moralia". Jephcott's version is pretty good, but I've become increasingly dissatisfied with its dour, academic tone, which dessicates much of Adorno's very lively wit and humor.

Much of MM is shockingly relevant to the US in 2005. The beginning of the Empire converges with the end of the Empire. Will post on my site when it's done...

-- DRR