[lbo-talk] Sex Panic at SUNY

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Fri Apr 29 07:22:51 PDT 2005

On 04/28/05 22:26, Leigh Meyers wrote:

> That person they meet everyday could be stranger and more dangerous
> than any stranger on the street, which is demonstrated by the fact that
> the majority of homicide victims (in the U.S.) knew the person that
> murdered them, even if only through casual, minimal contact.

proximal cause? how many people does the US govt kill every year?

i dont think joanna implied (apologies for speaking for her) that strangers are dangerous etc... just that you typically have sex with people you know in some sense. it doesnt quite work to walk up to strangers and propose a romp. believe me, i have tried ;-) (<-- oh if i really had that sort of courage!).

> About the candle wax... I have a scar on my right foot where a cup
> of hot wax fell on it when I was 16, 17... I spent a month @ Bellvue
> hospital getting skin grafts. It took the skin off the top of my foot
> all the way down to the tendons.
>
> IMHO, S/M people must live boring, unexciting lives to
> have to think up crap like dripping wax on each other.

playing with dripping wax was a sort of pastime for many of us who as children went through frequent episodes of "power cuts" (necessitating the use of candles). i didn't realize we were a part of the S/M community, and worse with boring, unexciting lives!

--ravi