[lbo-talk] Sex Panic at SUNY

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 09:11:23 PDT 2005

> From: joanna
>> >
> > I understand about the power relations. I do. I'm
> not saying it's not
> > an issue. I'm just not sure that it's as cut and
> dry as you make it
> > out to be.

Agreed. If you dont meet them at work or school, where are you going to meet them? There are so few public spaces in the United States. Of course, then there is match.com....the Internet is about the only public space left.

--- Leigh Meyers <leighcmeyers at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO, S/M people must live boring, unexciting lives
> have to think up crap like dripping wax on each
> other.

How many have you known? They are not necessarily boring and only a few enjoy inflicting or sustaining real pain (like dripping hot wax). It's an imaginative extension of sex play. BTW, some of them say the same thing as you about people who just engage in vanilla sex.

-Thomas