[lbo-talk] Sex Panic at SUNY

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Fri Apr 29 09:21:39 PDT 2005

> > From: joanna
> >> >
> > > I understand about the power relations. I do. I'm
> > not saying it's not
> > > an issue. I'm just not sure that it's as cut and
> > dry as you make it
> > > out to be.
>
> Agreed. If you dont meet them at work or school,
> where are you going to meet them? There are so few
> public spaces in the United States. Of course, then
> there is match.com....the Internet is about the only
> public space left.

Pardon the pun, but tough titty, dude! I disagree with Joanna. It's actually more cut and dried than Snit put it. If you sexually harass a student, you are just daring the student to sue the living shit out of the school for failure to supervise. It is a job condition, and a good one.

If you want to meet people to nail in academia, wait your turn, or nail your co-workers like everybody else.