[lbo-talk] India: Marx invoked to break Lefts FDI barrier

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Mon Aug 1 18:38:00 PDT 2005

Randy Steindorf wrote:

> "But the development of the contradications within a historical >form of production is the only way in which they can be resolved >and a new form established." (Capital I) On the contradiction >between free trade and protection see Marx's "Discourse on Free >Trade," where Marx supports free trade precisely because of its >destruction of pre-capitalist historical forms of production.>>

Indian capitalism is not built on free trade and free enterprise.Indian capitalism is state controlled, state regulated and is largely driven by the domestic market and domestic savings. Indian capitalism is not the kind of thing you would imagine it is by reading North American Leftwing journals.

Ulhas