[lbo-talk] White Suburbanites Teens Relate to Rappers

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 1 20:23:13 PDT 2005

As Zizek has pointed out a number of times recently, class conflicts differ from conflicts of race (and gender) in that the latter can be solved by reconciliation, but the former, only by the liquidation of one of the positions (exploiter/exploited) -- if not the physical elimination of those who occupy the role, at least of the social role itself. --CGE