[lbo-talk] Terrorism: evil ideology, sinister master plan or predictable bowel movement of the slack jawed male?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 08:22:18 PDT 2005

Keeping track of the explanations -- spreading like sunflowers -- is becoming quite dizzying.

Tony Blair:

"Senseless though any such horrible murder is, it was not without sense for its organizers. It had a purpose. It was done according to a plan. It was meant. And what we are confronting here is an evil ideology."

ROBERT PAPE:

The London attacks were part of Al Qaeda's strategic logic, which they have been pursuing with increasing vigour since 9/11. Since 2002 Al Qaeda has carried out over 15 suicide and other terrorist attacks killing nearly 700 people, more than all of the years before 9/11 combined. Although many have hoped that our counter-terrorism efforts would have weakened Al Qaeda by the measure that counts the ability of the group to kill us, Al Qaeda is stronger today than before 9/11.

Wojtek Sokolowski

It is not about world politics, it is about sex, or more precisely, about the need of these poor schmucks to prove their virility and respectability that invariably has two elements: respect by other males and control of "their" women.

In that respect, most men are predictable like bowel movement.

Curioser and curioser.

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> "Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"...Momus