[lbo-talk] Anti Latin American Postings

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 16:38:45 PDT 2005

Hey now, I have posted, with admiration, news of Venezuela's plan to sieze idle factories. I also recently posted about Mexican peasants' struggles against deforesting. This post got no response, which is not my fault. On other forums outside of LBO-Talk I have posted stuff about the Minutemen, who are definitely despicable.

I live in Texas, so the Minutemen and struggles in Mexico do concern me. We're limited to 3 posts a day here, though, so a full spectrum of interests is hard to accommodate. But I think you do have a point.

-B.

Cristobal Senior wrote:

"I know this is a list in which most members care more about what's going on in Kyrzigistan than on their own backyard south of the border, but it is of interest how the few postings on Latin America carry an anti Left taste. Last week it was Frank Scott criticizing the left that opposes the racist Minute Men in Texas. Although it provoked a swift response by Dough Henwood, no body else bothered to contest this neo-nazi posting . Today we have a new one by John Norem making fun of Venezuela's new program on higher education via the Universidad Bolivariana, which according to the article, is just an ideological joke and not a new venue for actual college education.It seems written by someone working for Condoleeza Rice or John Bolton. Last month some one made fun of Ferrnando Botero's art work on US Army torture in Iraq."