[lbo-talk] more None Dare...

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Aug 4 13:55:21 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese:

Heh. 600 million? Charles, The Stalinists and Maoists only killed somewhere in the range of 10 million, between the 2 million killed in the GULAG, the three million in the Ukrainian famine, about two million in the Great Leap Forward famine right afterwards, and other assorted atrocities.

^^^^

CB: Given this list's history of discussion of this, your statement is quite sober.

I wouldn't call famines "killings" or "atrocities". They are "gross negligence" and tragedies, but I'm not arguing that right now.